Monday, February 25, 2008

Random Collision

I was reminded today of life's mysterious encounters. We all occupy a space in time, and when we collide, you can't help but wonder who or what may be orchestrating that ensemble.

Just a few of those events. I was on my way to meet with my adviser/advisor (gah! I don't know which spelling is correct), and instead of taking the usual staircase upwards, I went up the one closer to the side of the dinosaur's behind. When I reached the appropriate hallway, I peered into one of the adjoining labs and saw Helmae! busy at work with a gel photograph in her hand. And I just spoke to Annika last night, even though I hardly log onto Adium/AIM anymore!

Afterwards, I headed to Fine library, and then to the eerie Geosciences one, and then saw Joyce! I'm not even sure how we met, it was definitely before Psych 101 my freshman year, maybe even during pre-frosh weekend. Oh, the pre-frosh memories with Dan, and my Newman's-day-celebrating host. Haha.

And then in the elevator, I guess I was daydreaming because I let the elevator doors crush some poor woman as she was trying to get on. I'm sorry. I didn't even think about what you were trying to do, or that the "keep open" button was right in front of me.

Then on my way back to my room, I noticed some guy putting up posters in front of Patton on the Whitman sidewalk. It wasn't the first time I've seen him, and for some reason I find him so fascinating. It was awkward when I started staring a bit too long, and he seemed to be cognizant of it. At least it wasn't as bad as the time I saw him in Frist, 2nd floor, where we definitely had a staring thing going on. The worst part is not knowing who he is. So mysterious.

Finally, I had an unexpected visitor today, as if to consummate this day of happenstance. A junior, I assume, had selected my dorm room during room draw, and he just stopped by to take a look at it. Normally, my room is so neat it is boring, but today it was a wild mess... a hot mess even? haha, just kidding. I'm never going to say that again! EWW! But it definitely had a lot more character, just the perfect touch of homeliness without screaming u-g-l-y. Stitch happened to be sleeping on my pillow, so I hope he didn't take notice of that.

No comments: