Monday, February 4, 2008

Artsy

First day of classes for the spring semester. I couldn't have imagined a sweeter schedule: only 2 classes, and they're about music and dance. My earliest class is at 12:30PM, so something is definitely wrong if I don't get enough sleep each day. I've also never been much of a breakfast person, so waking up to a hearty lunch is mighty fine with me.

I also came across the following quote from someone else's blog:

"Things work out for the better. It always happens."

At the moment, this is pretty much my outlook on life. It has been a challenging 3 and a half years here at university, and things haven't always gone the way I had expected. It was a painful realization coming out of high school, where hard work always paid off and kept a smile on my face. I knew that college wouldn't be easy, and maybe it was just unfortunate that I arrived here unprepared. But amidst the merriment and friendships that I still regard as blessings, I found myself trying to cope with many more disappointments than successes. I'm not in the mood to enumerate those events, but I am now reflecting on how those obstacles have shaped who I am today. I am wiser, stronger, and more soulful.

I still wholeheartedly believe that good things have yet to arrive. Waiting, wishing, creating.

No comments: