Sunday, June 15, 2008

6° and Hate

Wow, it's been a while since I made a post, and so much has happened since then.

The biggest thing: my graduation. I can't fully describe all of the emotions that engulfed me that week. Like I have always said, it was an enormous privilege to study among the best minds in the world, and I am grateful for the opportunity. So many friends, so many experiences, so many memories. The best damn place of all.

I guess I should also mention the 678 gathering that took place one week ago. I wasn't really sure if I wanted to go, especially with the whole internet awkwardness, but I went anyway. It was also the premiere of the live auditions for ABDC, so I ended up getting to the beach really late. I stumbled upon the group, and it was way more awkward than I had anticipated. However, it turns out that Drake actually went to my elementary school, though we had never met back then. You could say that it balanced out the awkwardness. I officially solidified my creepy status.

And now to the central topic of this post... the infamous hater.
When I first started watching people vlog, it became apparent that the more subscribers one acquired, the greater the number of hater comments. Their advice was always along the lines of not letting the hate get to you.

Well, I just received my first hate comment on one of my videos. At first, I was hurt. It was painful knowing that someone went out of their pathetic way to spread their disdain for life. But of course, I shrugged it off.. blocked and deleted. At the same time, I had noticed an influx of new subscribers. Where were you all coming from? And then I watched Jared's video, and then I learned that his compliment collab got globally featured. Yay and oh no! It was a well-deserved feature because there just isn't enough good around YouTube. But apparently, all of the haters out there were overloaded with all the compliments that their brains exploded. The result: hate everywhere.

I am a little embarrassed at having my little segment in there. (Especially being at the very beginning of the video!) I'm thankful that Jared cut out the last six words of my sentence. Otherwise, I would have to hide my face forever. All the while I kept thinking, "Oh my, please don't let _____ see this!" Nobody really knows that I write these blogs or make those random videos on YouTube, but I definitely did not want them to discover me this way. It's permanently out there in the public now isn't it?

If you're reading this, I assume you're a subscriber, so thank you for choosing to watch my channel. I appreciate all of your comments, and I hope I don't weird you out too much. I'm just being me.

No comments: