Thursday, May 15, 2008

Let's Go, Defense, Let's Go!

My thesis defense is in about 3 hours, and I'm frantically/wearily still preparing, when I run into an email that one of my dance group members sent out. It contained a link to a Chinese-American website where her mom got them to upload the videos of the Friday night performance of our previous show. I was so excited to see the clips because I don't have my own copy. Plus, there's a clip of the piece I choreographed. (But I'm way too embarrassed to include a link to it here.) Anyways, the point of this entry was to say how incredibly happy it made me. On stage, the music drowned out most of the crowd's cheering, so I only heard some of what was going on. But the person who filmed the Friday night show was sitting in the audience, so his/her camera picked up a lot more. And my friends in the crowd were crazy! Lovely crazy! I've never heard my name yelled so many times, and with so much love!! It seriously made my day for the rest of my life. That's how amazing it was.

I recognized some of the voices, but I don't want to misquote anyone. These ones were my favorites:

"Anthony, you're great at lyrical!" I'm not really, but I love it.

"You're so good, Anthony (with Anthony rushed at the end because the crowd becomes silent)!" HAHA! That's so awkward when that happens.

"I love Anthony!"
"Me too!"

and various other inflections of Anthony!

<3 <3 <3

I never have a reason to be sad again. Ever.
Exceptions of course.

:) :] :D

No comments: