Thursday, April 3, 2008

Break Reality

Wow! I'm really pressed for time this month, but I thought I should jot down a few thoughts about last weekend's show.

One satisfying element this year was the variety and quantity of choreography. Early preparation was key, and I'm amazed that Chris managed to organize rehearsals so early on in the semester. I was also in a significantly greater number of pieces, so I felt that despite my poor freestyling skillz, I fulfilled my duty to the group in the remainder acts. I'm also thankful for those friends who supported me and cheered. It was invigorating, and it made me feel that my effort and thesis-delaying was worth it.

I'm especially proud of Brian, Kohei, Alan, and Lauren. They helped communicate my dance, as outrageous as it was.

Taofik is legendary. The time and expertise for all the trailers, intros, fillers... wow.

The post-show withdrawal still lingers, but we have a viewing party scheduled for tomorrow night, so hopefully that will ease the longing.

Oh, I also had to create a personal statement piece for my dance class (1.5 to 2 min long), and I think it went well. I messed up a small part of it, but I hope my improvisation masked the boo-boo. Christine said it was "beautiful" :)

Tonight, I'm watching "The Pillowman," which is apparently creepy-McCreepster, but it's yet another sacrifice or procrastination method. Seriously, I'm sub-consciously preparing for my advisor's flames of fury.

Hmm... meeting with a psychiatrist and then a psychologist.

Finally, I'll be seeing the BAC show on Friday, but right now my biggest concern is for Karen's brother. I pray that he can recover and pull out strong.

Peace out,
Bboy G.I. Ant

No comments: