Monday, September 8, 2008

Day 2: Seal Beach

2nd day, just as miserable. breezy... but not easy and beautiful.

Those of you who've spent enough time with me know that I hardly speak, it's just my nature. Now picture me walking up to complete strangers and engaging in conversations with them about environmental issues. 7 hours of talking, pretty much non-stop. Then there's the art of persuasion, which I suck at.

I'm trying to be somebody I'm not, and it's frustrating. Common sense and intuition tells me that this ain't the right job for me, but I don't know what to do now. I'm still in the training period, so evaluations are coming up soon. I have no idea whether they'll still keep me, whether they'll want to fire me, or whether I'll want to quit. The last two options are where I'm headed...

I'm very persistent and I don't give up. But I just wonder if forcing myself to be so outspoken is the right thing to do. I'm certainly not as happy as I used to be.

Ugh, and my nose is starting to peel after Friday's sunburn :(

No comments: